I am off work today and so thankful! I had hoped to pick up tomorrow but that shift isn’t available. And I am SO thankful! You see, I just worked 5 days in a row of 12 1/2 hour shifts and today has been such a blessing! How so you might ask? Allow me to count the ways….
- I’ve worked on my budget now that my expenses have been reduced by moving in with my sister. This little project was way over due and in the process I have learned that with all of the money I blow on Dunkin Donuts coffee I could probably buy my own Dunkin franchise. Oh the things I’ll be removing from my frivolous spending!
- I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie that I had not seen. Same actors, generally the same plot line as all of the others, cheesy and gave me the warm fuzzies.
- My Avon order arrived only 2 days after placing it. This, compared to the “anyone’s guess as to ETA” of living out in the country, is wonderful!
- Coffee…with peppermint mocha (sugar free) creamer, ALL. DAY. LONG. YUMMY!!!
- A phone call from my cousin, Mary, who is only a few weeks ahead of me in the grief process of losing one’s dearly loved mother, because she saw a post of mine and knew I needed that “hug”. We both are finding that this second round of holidays without our moms is even harder than the first ones. Who knew?
- Eating healthy all day long because that is all we have in the fridge at the moment, which is a wonderfully good thing. Okay coffee might not be entirely healthy but I cannot be expected to give up everything.
- Having enough quarters to actually do 2 loads of laundry and then folding and putting it all away.
- Vacuuming because it has been a few days and cats…
- Enjoying not having to be out in the elements today, even though it was sunny (but yet still cold), while enjoying the aroma of holiday candles burning.
- Just sitting at times doing nothing and no guilt!
This has been my day. I’ve loved every minute of it!