I’ve commented on the life changing book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp in other posts. I’m still reading it, in small chunks and digesting, pondering, learning from it. It is life changing, the challenge of writing down 1,000 gifts from God. This will make a person way more aware and observant and oh so grateful as they list these each time they receive these precious nuggets of life’s gold.
Here are just a few that I’ve recorded so far:
- A gorgeous sunrise full of pinks, tans, purples painted across the sky.
- 2 deer crossing the road that stop and glance my way, making eye contact before darting into the woods.
- A humming bird circling the flowers in the potted plant that hangs on the porch, before flying and hovering directly in front of me, barely 2 feet before my face..10 seconds of sheer joy in watching it before it flew away.
- A dark, late night sky, filled with hundreds of stars like diamonds on a piece of black velvet and an orange crescent moon to accent the heavenly decor.
- Laying in bed in the early morning, listening the pitter patter of toddler feet running across the floor above me, and the giggles and shrieks of laughter as my grandsons start their day.
- Billowing thunderheads as storms are forming in the distance, lit up in the evening sun.
- The graceful flight of a heron gliding just above the surface of the still waters on the lake, before landing gently on the shore.
- Silhouettes of kittens chasing each other across a roof top, jumping and playing in the early morning light.
These are just a few of the wonderful, daily gifts God has given to me since starting my list of 1,000 gifts to be thankful for, that bring me joy.
Change your life perspective, read this book, and start your own list.