Ah Monday morning! The time changed over the weekend, falling back and gaining an hour of sleep. Sadly I have not been able to locate the buttons to change the cat’s internal clock so she was not willing to sleep in this morning and was busy making every attempt she could dream up to get me out of the bed. And this on my day off after a weekend of double shifts! *sigh* Tired or not, I’m SO grateful for my job! I LOVE what I do, love the residents and coworkers. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Day 4 & 5
20 Facts About Me
- I LOVE the Harry Potter books and movies. The books more so because of the greater detail, but the movies are good too. I’m still bitter that I never got my Hogwarts letter.
- Pink is my FAVORITE color! Since childhood when my dad painted my room pink on my request. There is a lot of pink in my apartment from office to dining room table to my clothes. Black is a favorite second color, my bedroom is in black and white, and a good number of pieces of clothing too.
- Crochet is a form of therapy for me, I LOVE making things for people and enjoy selling them too!
- I’m hooked on Pink Zebra sprinkles! I have a wide selection of scents I use in my warmers. The current favorite is Maple Syrup, it makes the whole apartment smell very much like Autumn!
- Sometimes I have so much on my mind that I cannot fall asleep easily. On those nights I drink a cup of Sleepytime Tea from Celestial Seasonings. It contains chamomile and valerian (which is a natural sedative) and really helps me fall asleep.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. And as tempting as it is to put the tree up now, I’ll always wait until Black Friday. Mom loved it too but loved holidays one at a time, like me. I want to focus on Thanksgiving THEN I will put up my tree. But I did make some changes to the furniture arrangement in the dining room/living room area in preparation for putting up the tree. I’m also planning out decorations. 😉
- I’m afraid of the dark. Silly I know, for a woman of 55, but I am. I have night lights all over the apartment so I can see enough at night to get around, and see around me. I keep a flashlight nearby at night just in case the power goes out.
- I sleep with a stuffed animal. I started that when I was married to my second husband when he was at the fire house. I’ve come to find it a comforting support to my elbow, keeping strain off my shoulder when holding it. I’ve gone through one teddy bear and now have a very well loved monkey. I’ll be in the market for a new stuffed animal soon.
- I love going to the zoo and cannot wait for the holidays to go to the Festival Of Lights this year!
- I believe coffee is its very own food group and I drink entirely too much of it, I’m certain, but I won’t be slowing down anytime soon!
- The goal each night is 8 hours of sleep. Most nights I get 7 to 7.5 hours which is great. Anything less than 5 for more than 2 nights in a row and we have a very un-marvelous one here!
- Sometimes the sound of silence is a comfort! My brain needs times of no TV, music, etc., just quiet.
- I’m an introvert. Folks find that hard to believe because I don’t seem ‘shy’. Introverts aren’t shy, we just get drained of energy in social situations and tend to be home bodies because that is where we recharge. In my job I’m with a lot of people, all day, so I have a strong sense of ‘home’ and tend to be most content there.
- I’ve only drank soda pop 4 times in the past year and a half. Once I decided to get healthy that was the first thing to exit my life. I had one yesterday, a Diet Coke, when I fell back into a past habit of comfort eating during a very stressful double shift. No worries, right back to healthy habits today.
- I have never missed an election. If the polls are open, I vote. You should too, after you study the issues and candidates.
- I love technology but nothing beats seeing and talking to people in person.
- My go to snack these days is almonds. When I in the mood to be naughty I reach for Skinny Pop microwave popcorn.
- I have a weakness for Brach’s Candy Corn, hence I cannot buy it. I tried to keep it in my candy jar for when grandkids visit. That didn’t end well.
- I used to not go out of the house without makeup on. These days, because of the work I do, I go without makeup most days. As part of self care lately I’ve been taking time to put it on when not working.
- I do not go a day without using good skin care products, even when sick, I take care of my skin!